The All Encompassing Way To Understand Autistic Needs
Time to get the Inside Aut of the autistic mind. Full of proven, and effective ways to meet autistic needs- from the autistic point of view. Parent and Carers course and Adult Autistic Courses now LIVE - other courses coming soon
Far too many courses about autism are provided by non-autistics who don't have the lived experience to provide accurate information. Sometimes it's just wrong, sometimes the information is downright harmful.
Want to learn about autism? Learn from autistics.
Our innovative 6 week training syllabus uses research and case studies from autistics themselves. Give yourself a new and innovative learning path.
You Can Understand The Autistic Mind and Meet It's Needs
Learn the S.P.E.E.D Formula to:
- Understand autistic sensory needs, and how to meet them.
- Understand how Autistic processing works - and what can trigger an overload, overwhelm or meltdown
- Understand how to manage autistic energy resources, what depletes them and what boosts them.
- Understand how to create an optimal environment that will help them succeed and build confidence.
- Understand how you can identify, work with, and help autistic minds heal from past damages and trauma.
Yes, It Really Is Possible!
In our six week course, you'll learn how to develop an effective tool-kit that sets autistics up for success.
S.P.E.E.D. Course for Adult Autistics is available now.
Suitable for late-identified autistics, those questioning if they are autistic
- and even autistics who just want to learn more about how their brain works.
Launch Price of £39 for a limited time onlyFIND OUT MORE HERE
In Just 6 Weeks, You Could…
- Finally develop the understanding of the autistic mind you have always yearned for
- Use the tools learned on the course with confidence
- Really understand the root of autistic behaviour
The right moves can make all the difference. We’ll cover it all in the S.P.E.E.D Course.
S.P.E.E.D. - Sensory, Processing, Energy, Environment and Damage and Trauma
You Are Ready To Fully Understand Autism?
This 6-week course will teach you everything you need to know to get out of overwhelm for good and work with the autistic brain in the way it was designed to.
- You’ll learn how to understand the autistic brain
- Workbooks and activities so you can implement your learning right away to see results
- Benefit from the expertise of Nanny Aut
With a simple shift in your mindset and tips and tricks for working with the autistic mind, you could start making positive change immediately.
What's Included In The S.P.E.E.D. Course...
The foundations of how autistic minds work and why they are different to the majority. This is where you will meet the Air-Traffic Controller, Panic Monkey, and Dino-Brain. In this lesson you'll learn:
- The basic mechanisms of overloads, overwhelms and meltowns
- What will help at each stage (and what doesn't).
- What happens in our brains from the inside out.
You’ll finish this course knowing why S.P.E.E.D. is so important to preventing meltdowns and why meltdowns happen in the first place.
This is where we learn about the senses, not just the five everyone knows, but also about proprioception and interoception. And why understanding them can be a game-changer in supporting your child. In this lesson you'll learn:
- About the autistic sensory system and how it is different from the majority.
- Proven autistic-led ways that help manage sensory overwhelm.
- How to create a personal sensory profile.
You’ll finish this course knowing what makes up a tailored sensory profile, and how you can meet individual sensory needs.
With your sensory knowledge in good shape, the next step is to build a sizable knowledge on autistic processing. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- How our brain takes in and processes information.
- Why transitions and changes of plan can be so challenging.
- How to recognise where processing overload can occur.
You’ll finish this course with a processing profile that you can individually tailor.
Autistic energy levels massively impact on how well or how badly we can regulate. In this lesson you'll learn:
- What can drain our battery.
- What can boost our battery.
- How to plan ahead to avoid sudden battery drops.
You’ll finish this lesson with a clear blueprint of how to support and manage autistic energy levels.
Getting the environment right makes the difference between a thriving autistic and one who is barely surviving. You will learn about things that create a hostile environment for autistics. Things that most people miss - because the information isn't widely known. In this lesson you'll learn.
- To identify where an environment might be challenging and how to protect against it.
- To identify what makes a healthy environment for an autistic.
- How you can create the ideal environment for autistics
You’ll finish this course with a strong understanding of how to create a supportive environment at home, and how to manage outside environments that may be more challenging.
Damage and Trauma
In our final week, we look at damage and trauma and how it can make our Defensive Duo overactive - even though the threat has long since passed. In this lesson you'll learn:
- How your past trauma can affect the way you respond now.
- How autistics can be more vulnerable to trauma.
- How to help prevent past trauma from affecting current emotions.
You’ll finish this course with a deeper understanding of trauma manifestion and how to move past it.
This Course Is For You If...
- You are fed-up of conflicting autism related information
- You aren’t sure what strategies to put in place
- You want a better in-depth understanding of how to support the autistic brain
NICE TO MEET YOU
I'm Nanny Aut
I didn’t have a promising start in life - non-speaking past the age of three, doctors advised my parents to forget about me and put me in an institution because I was a lost cause. Luckily my parents didn’t listen and by five not only was I talking but sent home from school for trying to talk politics in the playground. And have been talking a long streak ever since.
I have had multiple careers in my life, excelled in performance but still let go because I wasn’t a ‘team player’, despite my best efforts, including home-baked chocolate chip cookies - and I bake a REALLY good chocolate chip cookie. I now know the issue wasn’t me - the issue was that my masking made them uncomfortable and they couldn’t pinpoint why.
I have several degrees including a Doctorate and not one of those pieces of paper bought me long-term acceptance in the employment world. However, everything I learned, I have kept and used in other areas throughout my life - so the time wasn’t wasted.
My favourite careers were Design Engineer and Teacher, particularly teacher. It broke my heart to walk away from the teaching profession when I was given the stark choice - use bully tactics on your students or lose your job. Of course, the school didn’t put it like that - ‘Adhere more closely to our behavioural policies' I believe was the actual phrase.
"Understanding more about my child made me more patient, less reactive, and I realised on many past situations my child was not the problem but our behaviour as parents or environment etc was not meeting his needs."
- Mih S (Parent)
"Nanny Aut's help has been invaluable to me as a mum when I was struggling to understand my soon-to-be teenage son. He was going through all sorts of emotional upheaval and his anxiety was showing up as anger. Nanny Aut helped me see that taking away his tech as punishment for being rude and verbally aggressive was counterproductive.."
- SK (Parent)
"As an NT parent it’s sometimes difficult to spot what’s right in front of your eyes; having things explained from an autistic perspective helps me to understand what my daughter might be trying to communicate or what she might be experiencing.."
- Georgia Rowe - Mum to an Autistic Daughter